Sunday, March 24, 2019

LAUAN602 - Study Task 3 - Marketing yourself 2



I recently tried to get my business card printed, but when I uploaded my images to the website, they where the wrong size, which I thought was very unusual as I had done some research into the sizes but some how I still managed to get it wrong, which make me feel honestly disappointed in myself.

Even so, I decided this was a blessing rather than a curse as I feel like my logo and my card didn't match at all, which is not a very good business idea.

Therefor here are my new cards and my new logo as I wanted them to match. I used the colour that I used for the stripes on my top, which is now sort of my go to colour for my branding, I find that its not to much of an in your face colour, its a mellow colour that's soft on the eyes which Is something I wanted. 






I also have made an email signature for my professional email. Which honestly I really enjoyed doing, Its not something I had ever done before and It makes me feel quite professional, which overall is my goal. 









Medi-Hâf Edwards
Character Design, Clean Up Artist & Animator

Medshafart@gmail.com



Heres a video that shows that the links work.


I also wrote a new bio for my social medias, as I wanted to make sure that all my socials hade the same description, I've done this as its a way for me to just tidy up all my socials, almost like tying it all up with a neat little bow. 

Medi-Haf Edwards
Leeds art University
Character Designer, Clean up artist, Animator
Twitter :https://twitter.com/medshaf  Instagram: @Medshaf_art




I also made a letter header and footer, so If I plan on sending a letter it fits my brand.

My Invoice




Im really pleased with both these things, I definitely feel that I am going to benefit heavily from having these things, If I am planning on doing some freelance work (which I am), these are definitely things I will benefit from having now ready for when I need to use them. 




I've also created a swot analysis: 

Strengths: 

Drawing
Colour
Line art
Character Design
Team work
Time management

Weakness: 

Confidence 
Knowledge of other software's
Anatomy 
Perspective


Opportunities: 

Live briefs
Festivals
Contacting Professionals
Learn ToonBoom

Threats:

Confidence/communication

Unknown software
Illness.



I do also plan on building a website, as a way to professionally show my work portfolio online. I think Id benefit from this as if a studio asks for a digital portfolio I could quickly send over a link to my website and not just my Instagram that I would not feel overly happy about sending over.



I have tweaked my business card (again) as its missing my artstation and the logos of the social medias where not clear they had quite a blurred careless look, which is not something I want to portray when selling myself to clients. 


I am much happier with this, the card looks clearer and much more organised.

No comments:

Post a Comment