Thursday, May 11, 2017

Gorillaz


Gorillaz.

Usually I'm not much of a band person, I do listen a lot of music, usually just individual tracks, Its rare for me too have a band that I like the majority of the music they produce. I think a reason for me to like this band so much is due to the animated elements of the band. The band consists of four members each being an animated character.

                                                Russel              Noodle              2-D             Murdoc


The characters have very distinctive looks, having almost monkey like features and other quirks of their own, for example Murdocs green skin or 2-D's lack of eyes...as I said distinctive. The characters have gone through some changes of the years, most notable that of Noodle. This is due to as time has past the characters have aged, which is a nice touch to the design.


The characters all have elaborate back stories and very distinctive personality's. Murdoc is a very forward dirty older man. 2-D is a little ditsy. Russel is protective, especially of Noodle, and Noodle is quite but feisty.
The band have been creating music since 2001, and continue to make music now, recently realising their new album Humanz.



No comments:

Post a Comment