Sunday, March 4, 2018

Study Task 7- CopyShop Page


We discussed the affects of Copyright issues, and it did make me wonder, how protected is my work really? I don't use any form of watermark on my art, the only thing I do use, is my signature on my art work to make sure that it is marked as my own work. 

The laws about copyright in the UK are that you are covered with 

According to www.copyrightservice.co.uk :



' The law gives the creators of literary, dramatic, musical, artistic works, sound recordings, broadcasts, films and typographical arrangement of published editions, rights to control the ways in which their material may be used.
The rights cover; broadcast and public performance, copying, adapting, issuing, renting and lending copies to the public.
In many cases, the creator will also have the right to be identified as the author and to object to distortions of his work.
International conventions give protection in most countries, subject to national laws.'

Meaning more or less that in the UK we should be fully covered, due to the laws covering any creator art. 


Although

I did do some research into creative commons 'https://creativecommons.org/'  that has some interesting points also. Which made me think which version of copyright should I use to cover my work? 

I looked into it and read some terms and conditions and found a way to make a license that's best suited for your personal copy right requirements. 

Here is what I've created from the website and I feel that this one works well for me.

  Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

This  means I do not agree to people sharing my work or editing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment